This morning, I felt an intense stagnant energy while I was practising my yoga flow. It was probably an emotional energy. And while I practising, it seemed to hinder my movements.
I felt upset because I couldn't enjoy my morning flow as I had intended to. So, I took a step back. I followed through with some natural movement - rolling my neck and shoulders, and some stretches that would at least begin to open my body in subtle ways - to make way for deeper movements.
While I did this, I realized that the area of the stagnant energy was quite large. So I kept my intention on this space as I followed through with my yoga practice.
Another thing I realized was the space where thoughts originate - the area from eyebrows, eyes and nose, felt highly active. This is because my thoughts were streaming through with a heavy flow. So the area was highly active. This got me feeling anxious too. So I kept my intention at the source of the thoughts.
somehow as I did this, I noticed that its intensity reduced. even my thoughts ceased for a while. my whole body was just focused on the area. And suddenly calm flowed through.
Overall, these practices helped me to melt the sharpness and heaviness of the energy. It hadn't fully dissolved. However, it felt lighter and more manageable.
A practise:
Next time you feel a sense of heaviness in the body, close your eyes, keep a gentle awareness of the area, and allow it to move around.
Imagine this awareness is slowly dissolving and softening the heaviness and hardness of this energy. Once you are comfortable with this, expand the energetic processing space beyond your body, and allow the energy to spread through.
Notice this energy as it spreads through into infinite space.
Take your time as you practise this. Take as long as you need. Give your body the time and space to process this heavy energy. Support your body while it does this.
This practice allows you to connect expansively with your body's awareness.
No comments:
Post a Comment