A few days back I noticed that I felt volatile. And this was reflected in my behaviour. It's hot here where I am staying. So I didn't realize it, but I kept snapping at everyone around me, for no reason at all. No matter how much I tried to 'sit with the core emotion', I just seemed to snap.
When I dived in further,one, I realized that the weather had an influence on my mood. Two, I was close to my menstrual cycle. And, three, I was unable to manage the snappy responses. This had been the first time in a while that I was unable to respond consciously. This piled onto the list and I felt upset.
So I took a step back. I opened and closed my palms into a fist a few times to note the energy in my body. It was moving at a fast pace. I didn't like it. I felt restless. Inside, I felt like I wanted to flee, want to leap from where I am. I then, asked myself - can you tell me why you are feeling so restless. The answer came up immediately.
So yesterday, I had decided something for myself. This decision felt like an all-in situation. So my unconscious mind had so many concerns about it - which I hadn't dealt with. So immediately, I reaffirmed to my mind that I wouldn't rush. That I would genuinely and wholly complete each work meticulously. And with this, immediately my inner pace calmed down, meeting my natural rhythm.
On most days, our emotions will not make sense. However, our responsibility - is to be aware of our inner world. In times like these, when we feel out of control, we need to ground into the present moment and be with our emotions.
We will always be facing new emotions. They will all never be the same. They all have different expectations of us. The more we practise being present with our emotions, the more we learn to communicate with them in our own ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment