Sunday, April 28, 2024

Acquainting with Our Desires

 Desires are these nudges, that might inspire or ignite your next course of action. Some of our desires stem from a place of authentic inspiration, some from wanting what others have. Others still, include habitual patterns.

Sometimes, even when we don't need something, we still pursue it from a place of habit. I recently recognized this form of desire. We are driven by our desires. Desires can sometimes cause momentary distractions that lead you astray from what is.

When we pursue our desires, we sometimes create a space of illusory expectations, of ourselves, and an outcome. When we unconsciously create these, we get distracted from the chaotic realities of life.

When we do not accept the 'what is' aspect of our circumstances, these expectations can create a weight on us. No matter the extent of our leaps and bounds, this pace can lead to exhaustion. This is because we are chasing the illusion of what we want it to be, rather than facing the reality of our journey.




I realized that I unconsciously created so many unrealistic expectations of myself and of the circumstances along the way - that I even forgot what I started it for.

In the real world, words and expectations eventually lose their meaning. When we are courageous enough to face life with what comes up, it makes us resilient.

This means we are no longer expecting a limited life's path. Rather we are surrendering to what comes up, and trust us to manage it with our current wisdom.

There are no right or wrong ways to pursue anything. You always grow with your choices. Trust that you choose what challenges you, inspires you, and lights you with glee. What matters is that you have made the right choice for you.

No comments: