Thursday, April 25, 2024

Driven by Sweet Surrender

Today I noticed something exciting. I felt like I was driven by surrender. I showed up, and I did what I needed to. No expectations of any outcome. Just that I was being present in everything that I pursued.

Today feels like one such day. Where I feel like I have given up what anything should look like. Instead, I am giving myself to the moment, to whatever it needs to be. This feels like a new experience and a genuine one at that.

Lately, so many things have been happening in my life. It seems humanly difficult to keep up. So, I have been grounding myself. Showing up for a moment, completing what needs to be done, and moving on to the next item. And most importantly, taking the pause when needed.




Lately, I have also been practising freeing myself from the ideas and expectations of others. I understand that being human is being interdependent on one another. However, I also know that it is my free will and birthright to believe in what I like. Especially not getting enmeshed with the fears that the cultural conditioning has made it to be.

I like this. Show up, express my truth, follow through with what I deem important, and just take it a day at a time. The daily rituals that I have created for myself, structure discipline and flow in their own daily measure.

This has created a deep sense of trust and security in myself and the process. It has also allowed me to open up to whatever life shows up to be - an aspect that is not at all in the realm of my control.

At this point, I honestly do not know what life has in store for me. I don't even care to predict an unseen future or impress people with what they want to hear from me. No one can gatekeep what is meant for me. It is between me, and the Divine Energy.

But I do care about the commitments and promises that I have made to myself and my life. I also intend to show up with a joyful presence and state of mind in each moment. And finally, to connect with people with humility - Differences Hold Possibilities. 

No comments: