Yesterday I had a jolt of anxiety. It was intense, and I had never felt this intensity before. I had hot flashes, and in the fear that my anxiety would disrupt me, I allowed this energy in. But subconsciously, I might have also tried to regulate it.
It was a lesson for me. That one, I am never gonna be prepared for how my emotions would show up. Because all of them show up differently. Thankfully, my regulation tools will always be there to guide me. And two, my biggest reminder was to focus on what I am doing right now. During emotional turbulence, sometimes the best thing to do would be just focus on completing whatever is at hand right now.
Then came up the topic of honouring our capacities. Our life experiences enable us to show up a certain way. This way is unique to all of us.
The Paint Brush Analogy: One of my favourite analogies for this came up when I was painting. I noticed the paint brushes have different thicknesses and sizes. However, all of these are expressed differently. The way and the quantity of water that they soak in, the way they paint, the spaces they can entirely cover or squeeze in. Each brush serves a different purpose. And each brush can help in refining the painting to its best face.
Similarly, for each phase in life - all of us have different capacities. We all show differently in terms of relationships, friendships, the people we trust, our opinions on various topics, and such. We will never have all the capacity in place. A new circumstance, experience or belief will require us to test and tread waters before we deep dive into it. One of the most important factors is to keep ourselves open to the experience and focus on our capacities.
Our capacity is never just about our limitations but is a testament to honouring and expressing our own strengths and willpower. When you show up in your capacity, you can commit to an external circumstance as your fullest self and deep focus.
So to compact it all - the idea is to, 'Be here now, and do what is required of you at this very moment'.


No comments:
Post a Comment