I don't know what it is, but my need to be right seems to have vanished. People can be saying anything, but now I seem to be less bothered by it. People will always interpret what they deem to be righteous. But we can never fathom others' minds. They will not necessarily capture my intentions. And even if I could convey it in my words, what's to say that they are capable of comprehending it in the same way?
So much energy is lost in trying to convince others about what you mean. When they might not understand it anyway. This is not meant to be a criticism against others in any way. Rather, more like a realization. To what extent can I reach out to explain myself?
What goes in at one end of the human circle is rarely what emerges at the other end. Like a game of Chinese Whispers.
But then again, just like how others have their own belief systems, I have mine. And I am willing to be guided by them, rather than restrained by them. To keep open and fill in the gaps that I didn't know existed. Keep refining them as needed.
And while we understand this, no two people are the same by any measure. However, it is through these differences that we can learn to embrace and connect with one another. It is what makes human connections so, so special.
I just felt like I needed to get this off my chest. I have been questioning the way I show up recently. "Am I too much?" And it didn't feel so good to perceive myself through the lens of others. It feels upsetting to abandon myself to meet other people's requirements.
Thankfully, I seem to have cultivated an internal environment where all my lows are held tenderly, so they can feel comforted and loved to eventually reclaim their vitality, spiritedness and liveliness.
I found a quote that resonated with me in this instance: If your energy shifts me out of alignment with myself or doesn’t flow in sync with my intentions, I won’t spend time trying to force your presence to fit into my narrative.
Billy Chapata

No comments:
Post a Comment