I woke up to the realization - that I do not exist. By saying 'I', I mean the identification. It is something that human beings might have resorted to as a part of power play? I do not know what it is.
Identification means labelling. It is a linear thinking process. The belief is that one action can only lead to a specific result, not anything else. It means to believe that the answers are definite, and can never be challenged. It scrutinizes and thrives on control.
It is fascinating how our thinking process shows up in our bodies. Our thought process is exactly how our body shows up in movement expression as well. While I practised yoga this morning, I realized why it calmed me. As we challenge our body through the transitions, we are also challenging our mindset. Yoga is a movement that when pursued, teaches us to lower these very barriers and interpretations. If we don't, we cannot receive the full experience of what yoga can be for us. Yoga encourages you to connect with yourself - by gently moving through the resistance experienced in the body. And, the body is the mind.
The screen that I had written about in a previous blog post was exactly this - the filter of identification. When someone outside of us says or does something that doesn't match our internal identification of ourselves, we feel rattled. Our suffering stems from this identification, of a definite, absolute you. Any forms of annoyance, disappointment, needing to be correct or absolute, needing to always want to know about an outcome or a process. It can also be the different forms of judgments that we impose onto others or those that we assume others impose onto us.
Identification keeps us stagnant. It conflicts with our natural self. The biological self is always in transition.
I did feel shattered by this realization, but also felt liberated? There was a sense of freedom that I experienced from not having to carry the burden of restrictions from resorting to identification. I can't believe that we allow judgements to get the better of us. Especially when these judgements are based on external parameters, even those that we do not associate with, to begin with.
This season of mine has been a lot about experiencing grief. The grief that comes with change and with challenging my beliefs. Having said that, the more I have been experiencing these changes, the more I am being more open and intuitively led to how I show up every day. The barriers are dissolving and I feel more connected to the flow. And although it should have felt fearful, a deep sense of trust has emerged within me to be a willing and proactive participant in this change.
Honestly, I feel alone and cannot relate to the ideas of the people around me. Yet, I somehow also feel more connected to them. This feels gratifying.
No comments:
Post a Comment