I visualize the haze as a foggy space in my consciousness. It is not dangerous, but I wouldn't call it friendly either. It is a space of non-clarity, no sense. I provide these descriptions from a place of human understanding. I do not understand what is happening here. It is not extreme. However, I need to watch where I tread. I cannot strategize the next move. But I can trust myself as I move forward one step at a time.
Haze is an uncharted territory. It is the space of a past that has not fully disappeared, yet a new reality has not emerged. It is a space of not knowing what happens next. So the only thing you can do now is show up. Consistently. As you honour your capacity at every step.
The haze is an inevitable part of your spiritual growth. As you intend for change, it is the extra space that is created to hold all of your experiences, in its multitudes. It is here for you as you navigate the unknowns. It is a space of temporary respite. However, it still requires you to keep treading forward.
I believe that there is never a landing space. Because emotional stability is a state of mind. However, there is always a threshold. A transition from one portal of experience to the next. These transitions are of a compounding nature. We are always being refined in our experiences, as new parts of us are being revealed to us every step of the way.
The haze is a transitory space where we practise to trust ourselves. The connection with ourselves is the supreme form of any relationship. Your connection to yourself forms the connection with your world.
As I was writing this, I happened to come across this piece: Liminal space is an inner state and sometimes an outer situation where we can begin to think and act in genuinely new ways. It is when we are betwixt and between, having left one room or stage of life but not yet entered the next. During this graced time we are not certain or in control. This openness allows room for something genuinely new to happen. We are empty and receptive. Liminal space is where we are most teachable. Richard Rohr
No comments:
Post a Comment