Today I woke up with a nagging sense of drudginess. This was strange as I had slept well, and woke up to the sweetest birdsong. But something in me just didn't want to wake up. I felt drab and heavy, somehow even loopy. Habitually, I woke up from my bed, folded the sheets, and made my bed. But again something in me just didn't want to move. I experienced immense lethargy. I just wanted to keep sleeping and not wake up for a while.
I usually begin my yoga practice with a prayer and intention for the day, facing the bright, glowy morning sun. So when I got to this, I felt connected to myself. However, something in me just didn't want to move ahead with my yoga practice too. So again, I sat with this feeling. The more sat with this feeling, I realized that I really didn't want to do anything today. Something in my body was telling me that it just wanted to do nothing today. In fact, just staring at the wall or ceiling, would have been the best plan of action today.
This experience was new to me. So much so, my mood felt fine, normal, in fact even eager and anticipating if I may add. Overall, positive. But my core energy conveyed to me to just have a day and do nothing.
Initially, the idea of it triggered me. Imagine having a day, and doing nothing. But as the day progressed, I realized that was exactly what I needed. Some downtime. So I went with the flow of the day. Napped a little, and recharged my energy. Watched some videos that lightened my heart. Got inspired. Wrote down my ideas. Had some fun snacks. Had lemonade. Had cold coffee. And just experienced complete presence in my day. And throughout it all, I realized that this break was exactly what I needed.
I realized that whenever I pursue things with no destination or outcome in my mind, I am more present with it. I am thoroughly involved in its process, and the outcome can take any form. But it's the little details in the process that I end up remembering. And usually, the outcome ends up becoming a delightful revelation of the source.
I have been striving too much lately. Of course, I'm disciplined, devoted, committed and meticulous in everything I pursue. But this constant depleted me. We have a limited energy reserve each day. And the fact is that I just kept moving with no downtime. Nature is constantly expanding and contracting. In this case, I was resisting my natural contraction. Today was a crucial reminder. To take breaks and replenish my energy source, just the way I use it for my creative pursuits.
Right now I feel like the energy in my body is coming back to life, invigorating. Still a little dazed, but I am on the road toward replenishment.
Your energy is precious. Listen to it. It can help you recover back into your energy in the best possible way. Attune to your body. Connect with its wisdom. Allow it to become your safe haven. And you will always be protected.
No comments:
Post a Comment