A few days back, I had an insight that inspired me to write this post. It was that - 'I don't possess anything. There's nothing to hold on to'.
Possession means to own something. It means to have a certain sense of control over something because you own it. As humans, we believe that our minds, our thoughts, and our values identify us. But, this way of being are natural responses to our life's circumstances.
This guidance was to remind me that all the ideals that I carry within me, are simply biological patterns. I might have cultivated these patterns in my past, as a response to my circumstances.
We tend to treat our ideals as possessions. We swear by it. We feel turbulent when we don't abide by them. These ideals are how we make sense of our world. And most most importantly, what it means for us, to be in it.
The different ideals we hold in our minds - our self-concepts, and how we think the world around us should be, are eventually, just biological patterns. These patterns impact the way we perceive our world.
Every phase of our life requires us to hold on to certain characteristics as anchors, that drive us towards our vision. And let go of others, those that hold us back. The patterns that keep us looped into repetitive cycles.
These insights were important because I seemed to hold on to ideals that didn't serve my current circumstances. In fact, these ideals were the very thing that was sabotaging my days. Causing me to lose interest in subjects and activities, that I once kept close to my heart.
Each phase of life requires us to let go of what we know and cultivate new ways of being. We can't stay stranded in our ideals, and it's often what can hinder our growth.
Lately, it feels good to not hold onto these ideals. Instead, I am learning to navigate my days, by choosing to do what feels like the necessary step forward. This allows me to lay down my ego, and choose humility. It nudges me to decide what truly matters to me, over the fear that brews when things don't go my way. It asks me to communicate my needs proficiently, rather than carry out a knee-jerk reaction to the circumstances.
And of all, it reminds me to look at the the bigger picture of my life. Overall, it teaches me to be accountable for each life choice. For each decision has its impact. And this is something I am willing to grow through.
No comments:
Post a Comment