Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Leaving Behind All That No Longer Serves You

I had recently been reflecting on how the stories we tell ourselves can sometimes prove detrimental to how our life progresses. Lately, I have reached the belief that life is meant to be lived and experienced wholeheartedly - one step at a time, rather than strategizing our way through it. For, how do we know what lies ahead?

We've all been taught the ideals of success and happiness consists of certain parameters. But with resources available at hand, and with the shifting collective conscience - I have also noticed that people are redefining what life, purpose and the ideas of success and happiness mean to them. It feels gratifying and inspiring to see people take accountability for their true selves, and live life on their terms. Playing roles devoid of the character that they are supposed to play. Rather, curating the roles they decide to play and evolve with their decisions.



As I am conversing with old people, and new, I am realizing that each of our lives is unique, and so are the lessons that we associate with them. What I am meant to learn in this lifetime, might not be the same lesson for the next person. This realization has humbled me. In this sense, it has taught me compassion in the way I can now interact with others. People can only understand you to the depth (and relevance) that they understand themselves. And this is nothing personal. Just a fact of life.

Recently, I also observed how an innocent expression can be misconstrued to the extent of dissolving a connection. This can be painful. But this just explains how words can sometimes not be enough to reach others. We've got to learn to make space for each other, even when our ideals don't match.

These connections are possible when we decide to make space for ourselves. Our life's universes are so intricate and unique from one another. When we make space for our universe, to rise, fall and shift as it organically needs to, we naturally can do this for others in our lives. When we make space for ourselves, we make space for others.



Allow yourself to feel what you need to. The heartbreak, the aloneness, the failures, the rejection. When you allow yourself to do this, you'll eventually realize that you always overcome this, and find ways to move towards the next phase.

Over time, this practice can help you leave behind the beliefs, ideals and identification of the qualities that hold you back. It also helps you pick up new ways of being and brings about creative and progressive insights. 

No comments: