Sunday, January 28, 2024

The Compulsive Need to be Right

Where does this stem from? We swear that when we follow a certain way of doing things, and it totally works for us, it should work for others too. That our way of doing things should be adopted by others too. But, probably not.  We are wired inherently different from one another. Each of our neurological networks is so complex and distinctive - based on our past conditioning, natural responses to our environments and our individual way of being and adapting.  The waves of the impact of any circumstance ripple out differently in everyone.

So, a certain way of doing something may be perceived differently by each. They may not enjoy the process or agree with it the same way we do. And this reason could have a myriad of causes. Going deep within this is not possible. Maddening even. The sane thing to do would be to accept, respect and honour this difference.  That we have our own ways of doing things, and we like it that way. It's just the way it is.

It was so important for me to unlearn this pattern. Because I used to unconsciously impose my way of doing things onto others. I could feel a friction in the way that I would connect to other humans. I am thankful to be surrounded by those who in their authentic presence inspire me to be more aware of this pattern. Because of this, I now know that there is always another way to communicate and accept these differences - and connect with others authentically - meeting others with our differences.




No comments: