'Energy Allowing' happens to be a term I like. I made it up as I went while processing my new learnings. It feels like an all-energy embodiment.
By energy allowing, I mean that at any given moment, you accept and allow all of your inner (body) energy or emotions. Whether you are feeling joyful, spiteful, let down, excited or fearful even. The root of being human is joy and melancholy. When we accept the emotions that are considered happy, they expand infinitely to our light. When we accept the emotions that are considered negative, we allow to create space for them to dissipate into neutralness.
In any case, labelling any emotion contains its experience. However, describing what you are feeling through your heavy emotional experience helps to lighten it.
For example: Recently, I was feeling anxious with the onslaught of the new year. I felt so heavy because 2024 was now another year with a blank slate. It brought about so many feelings at once: excitement for the new, whether I would do well in my career, relationships, personal growth, hobbies, finances? And so many other fears. I have noticed that when I feel emotionally heavy, it is usually because I am feeling a whole range of emotions all at once.
So I began describing it step by step. 'I am feeling overwhelmed'. 'It is probably with all there is about the new year'. *feels lighter* 'It feels like I am feeling different emotions all at once'. 'I am feeling so excited for the year, but also fearful considering the unknown' *feels lighter* So this went on for a while, till I understood the origins of this experience.
When I allow my fears to hang out with me for a bit - they become familiar to me. They get easier to manage and overcome. Once you cross the threshold of an experience, you emerge to the next level. You are always going to feel a range of emotions. Most of these are also never going to make sense to you. Your emotions need your presence to be unconditionally accepted.
No comments:
Post a Comment