I recently had an epiphanic thought. 'What would it mean to receive myself?' This felt like an exciting question, the beginning of a new thought process.
It would mean that I am accepting of the different phases in my life, and the way I've evolv(ing)ed through it.
When we feel rattled by our circumstances, it's because we unconsciously harbour a perception that disconnects us from our truth. When we get triggered by certain thoughts, our compassion and curiosity towards it can help us reveal the underlying emotional wounds. This practice can guide us to align with our truth.
When we get curious about our uncomfortable feelings often, our vulnerabilities are revealed to us. The more we practice knowing our vulnerabilities, we make peace with it's existence. This enhances our mental capacity and encourages to become more comfortable is our ways of being.
Our vulnerabilities are no longer our weakness. Accepting them, it becomes our strength. We respond to our circumstances, with our vulnerabilities being a rightful, wholesome part of us.
Coincidentally, (which btw it never is), I came across Carl Rogers, the author of the book, 'A Way of Being'.
We keep treating our life moments as something permanent. However, like nature, we are transient beings. The more we allow ourselves to go through changes, the easier it is to welcome, explore and adapt to the new parts that emerge from us.
No comments:
Post a Comment