Friday, August 2, 2024

Experiencing A Self Beyond Confines

Today as I practised a yin yoga sequence, I experienced a sense of self, that lay beyond the labels. Lately, I have been practising slowing down. Slowing down beyond measure. Slowing down beyond what I have ever known before. This slowing down is an active choice. It is intentional and deliberate. Slowing down, I could see the parts of me that I was afraid of; those I had deliberately suppressed; those that were not easily welcome into this world. Yet, slowing down allowed me to see, experience them, know them and be known by them. And, this felt incredible!

This infinite self seemed to emerge from my intentional breathing, which embodied into me. This self protects me from my fears, by nudging me to move through them so they can be dissolved - requiring active participation from my side. It is an all-encompassing, loving and expansive energy. It encourages me to reach beyond my extents; because there are none. It is supportive and all-embracing. I realized that the more I slowed down during the difficult, incapacitated times, the more I could receive and open up to myself.


This experience has been humbling because it taught me that there's so much more than my mind can comprehend. There's so much beyond my habitual emotions and beliefs. There is so much more beyond my mistakes, controlling how I am perceived, my mind strategies, my shame and my guilt. Something that sometimes, I tend to hold on tight. Just so it can provide me a sense of virtue. 

I intend to connect to this energy often. And I look forward to what this journey can teach me. 

No comments: