Anxiety can be disruptive if we allow its magnitude to take over us. Like our other emotions, anxiety is a messenger—a signal inviting us to get curious about why we feel restless or uneasy about certain aspects of our lives.
Sometimes, anxiety catches us off guard. Its impact can vary widely, with some experiencing mild discomfort and others facing more intense incapacitation. At this phase of my life, anxiety is present, but I'm also choosing to lean into the discomfort, exploring how I can expand my capacity to be present with it in all its varying forms.
Change often requires shedding—letting go of old thought patterns, ingrained sensations, and habitual responses. This is a process of seeking a renewed way of being. While our minds are comforted by routine, it’s essential to embrace change slowly and intentionally. Some changes come abruptly, forcing us to adapt, while others are more deliberate shifts, made consciously as we transform ourselves one day at a time.
In my experience, anxiety tends to ease when I take steps, no matter how small, toward progress. Anxiety may sometimes feel overwhelming, catching us by surprise, and in these moments, it's crucial to be kind to ourselves.
Celebrating our small wins is vital. If we take these small steps for granted, then even our bigger achievements may feel empty. I’ve come to realize this could be why I sometimes feel low despite my efforts; perhaps I haven’t valued these small successes enough.
Addressing the root cause of anxiety is a meaningful step toward relief. It’s all about moving forward and making tiny, incremental progress. This enables us to move cautiously, yet daringly through the unknown.
No comments:
Post a Comment