Lately, every few weeks, I experience a kind of fatigue - physical exhaustion accompanying the mental. As if this period is inviting me to take a break. Ever since I began my creative work and became more attuned to the nuances in my body, this feeling has intensified.
Sometimes, I experience a mild lethargy even in the middle of the day. At such times, I nap or take a break from whatever I am working on. I noticed when I intentionally pursue the break, it rejuvenates me fully, and I can easily get back on track with my work.
The wonderful thing about these recovery processes is that my body actively calls for them. It gently winds down everything I’m doing, making it impossible to continue working until I’ve honoured my need for a break. This goes for everything that forms a part of my day-to-day rituals.
This winding down allows me to nourish, relax and fully rest without the need to get back to my work. Until, once again I am invited to finish my break and continue my work. Since becoming sensitive to this process, I’ve found that my discipline is now guided by intuition.
This practice encourages me to approach discipline with flexibility, free from rigid schedules. It allows me to move naturally with the flow of each day, rather than feeling bound by a strict structure that might stress or guilt me.
This practice has cultivated immense self-trust. I no longer feel drawn to distractions, and it’s easier to focus in regular, smaller bursts rather than keeping myself busy for hours on end. It creates a harmonious balance between work, play, and curiosity.
When we value our rest as much as our work, stress naturally begins to fade away. For now, we can look forward to our rest periods.
No comments:
Post a Comment