While I was reading Michael Singer's The Surrender Experiment, I became aware of the voice in my mind. I usually associate the voice in my mind with thoughts - a reflection of my state of mind and consciousness.
When I was reading the book, I became hyper-aware of it. And I realized that the voice always wants to comment - on whatever's happening right now or predict what's gonna happen next. It somehow wants to always have the last say in any circumstances.
The voice is, of course, a reflection of my nervous system. It is also a narrator of my past stories; an expression of my subconscious patterns. The voice in our mind is a linguistic pre-conditioner. It prepares you to face/ meet the upcoming event. It likes being prepared. It likes being ready. It likes to presume. It is curious, protects our sense of self and wants to be acknowledged.
A part of this system stems from our ego, our self-identity - a system that allows us to make sense of our world. As humans, we are just built that way.
To become more aware of my own voice, I embodied its presence, just like I do with all of my emotions. I realized that its energy was intense and fast-paced. It was also really heavy. Its energy expressed the weight of all the ideas and expectations that I have been carrying through my life.
It is a system that controls our ways of being. It assumes our reality as sole and final. It realized that it wanted to control and protect me. It is critical. Its guards are up. Precautionary. It takes things personally. I thought that this voice could also be a representation of my inner child. Because when I separated myself from it, I noticed the fears of a child.
I recognized some patterns of voice, and how they affected my behaviour. It had so many ideas that held me back. Knowing this was painful. But gosh, I felt so much lighter!
And at some point, I just wanted to give myself up. By this, I mean the idea of me. Strangely, this happened easily. I was not expecting this ease.
One thing that keeps us conflicted in our ways of being - is having to explain ourselves. No matter how much we explain to others, if their consciousness doesn't resonate with ours, there's no way they can comprehend our truth.
I have been practising this aspect of responses. I do not have to honour each impulse to explain myself. There is only an extent to which this is possible. Communication comes on one side, and comprehending the response comes on the other side.
I hope that we learn to go beyond the voice of reason. So much of life lay beyond it. Pure Surrender and Divine Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment