I realized that I despised doing some things because others began to identify me with them.
Lately, I have been experiencing freedom and solace in deciding that people are free to have their opinions on me. And I have no reason to prove them otherwise. Shifting other people's opinions of me is just another form of control.
However, this also made me realize that my responsibility is about clear communication.
As humans, we sometimes create unreasonable measures, and then blame ourselves when we can't meet it. Our conscious decisions are our seat of power and we need to leverage it to our advantage.
It's a new kind of freedom - to be intentional with your actions and choices. I experienced that the more I practised this, I got clarity on my intuition and boundaries.
At the end of the day, we're going to remember our pursuits and what we experienced pursuing them. Leave the precautions behind. Do this for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment