We create these set of standards or shoulds in our minds - thinking that getting it, is what's going to keep us emotionally, physically and psychologically secure.
But our physical world is our universe. The universe moves through our physical worlds and reflects our inner state.
Not that having these standards will keep us bound. Rather it is a reminder of what we would like to create in our world. However, it becomes a limitation when we derive our sense of identity from these standards.
In my experience, I realized that no matter how many precautions we consider, something else shows up.
I noticed that I began having pleasant days when I let go of what it meant to have a good day. When I released the idea of what it should be, and instead became present in my days with what is, a heavy strain was released. Instead of trying to be something and forcing me or my surroundings to be what I wanted it to be - it became what it needed to be.
True freedom lies in surrender. Our ideas what they should be, can sometimes bind us into repetitive patterns. There's nothing new to experience, just everything that you know. How are you gonna experience new things if you are not willing to let go of what you know?
When you stick to your ideals, you continue the cycle of suffering. However, when you let go of them, you create space to be free in yourself.
Honestly, this revelation has been so humbling to me. Every time I get back to perceiving something in my patterns, I remind myself that there's more to this, and I don't know everything. With this mindset, I can respond curiously and courteously, to know more about what lay within.
Many times, it's not about the circumstances itself. It's about the core needs that want to be met. Practising these responses teaches empathy and compassion. Most importantly, it teaches you to let go of vanity. It's a humbling process, as your ego will want to fight you with the shift in responses.
It teaches you to trust your experiences. To navigate the unknowns with presence and intentionality.
But the more you stay true to the process, the more ideas you leave behind. It feels great to tread through life as lightly as possible. Let life delight you!
There's so much to everything than what you know. Don't stick to your ideals. Evolve as much as needed. There's always something more to unlearn and re-learn. Be an active participant. This is the beginning of a joyful time.
Let yourself go.
No comments:
Post a Comment