Sunday, September 29, 2024

Sovereignty Lies in You

Lately, I have been going through a few instances in my life, where I felt like I was losing control (of the few aspects I could control) of my life. It felt like a nosedive back into my anxious thought process, trying to predict the future (unknown) and just fearing my next step. I realized that I was afraid of making a mistake, so I overthought towards an unforeseen future.

With these internal responses, I realized that I focused on controlling the external aspects of my life - which included others' expectations, my rigid preferences of how I thought the circumstances would unfold, and intellectualizing my way through these difficult feelings.


Reflecting on this chaotic feeling, I realized the connection with the source within myself had been disrupted. No wonder I felt so lost. With this realization, I took a step back to reconnect with myself. I took my time to reflect on my internal state. This decision felt invigorating. As if, trust returned to my being.

It's times like these that remind me that my power has always lay within me. When we feel a sense of internal disruption, it is generally because we have lost out to the ideals of the external world. Taking a moment to connect back into yourself anchors your authenticity, and sense of purpose. 


It also reveals your priorities and nudges you to realign with your vision. When you hold your vision steadfast, the other trivialities take care of themselves. This clarity brings about the courage to express yourself and stand your ground.   

No comments: