Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Who Are We, When We No Longer Identify Ourselves with our Suffering?

We are free. When I am no longer identifying with my suffering (with my circumstance, the capacity of my being and my sense of self), it means that I have a choice - to become someone who is outside my suffering - my relief. It means that I get to become my safe haven and my sense of relief.

It means that I relieve myself from all those aspects that I thought were in my control - to just focus on what I can control in my day. In the next minute - in the next hour or set up something for the next day. It means that there is nothing but a vast expanse of choices and decisions that I can take one day at a time. These shifts always feel minute and un-glorious. I have begun to believe that conscious change is never sudden. It is one day at a time, and a conviction to follow through.

Maybe the trait of needing to identify ourselves as something to belong to a larger group is primal to our human nature. It is a survival mechanism. Suffering might be self-inflicted or conditioned. But the awareness of knowing that we have the choice to no longer identify with it is a ticket to shifting perspectives. And this is a conscious choice to become all that we have ever dreamt of being. Which means all there is - is perspective. 

You know this is the first time in my life that despite clearly knowing what I like doing, what I like pursuing and intangibly feeling the inner shifts for myself - I do not have the slightest idea of what is gonna happen next. If anything, this phase connected me to my raw and true life essence. And that is what feels relieving about this. That there is so much that I can still keep improving upon - and I have my life's journey to explore this. For the first time, I also know where I am at is more than enough. Despite all of my imperfections and inadequacies, I will ALWAYS still be enough. There is no punishment for not being perfect or being a certain way. The reward is, and always will be our authentic self-expression. 

Maybe this sense of aliveness that I had written about in a previous post conflicts with the embodiment of identities that humans have adopted for belongingness. This means that all there is to create that sense of aliveness within, and everything that is seen outside is just a reflection of what lies within. So it is all about a decided, comprehensive energy shift. And more exploration for the next post. 


No comments: