Taking a step back, and watching your life through a wider lens. Have you ever tried that? There's this part of my routine where at the end of my day I look back on the events of my day. It allows me to go through the moments I experienced on that day.
When I am noting down moments from the beginning, I realize that for each action - the attitude and intention with which I do is so important. It brings me so much delight to really follow through with each activity that I said I would do. Nowadays, I am prioritizing being, more than the doing. Because 'doing' focuses on the quantity, and 'being' focuses on the quality of our presence in each moment. Today was one such day.
"In silence and movement, you can show the reflection of people"
It is a weekday. I realized that you enjoy life so much more when you're just taking a step back and enjoying it. I was waiting for my sister to pick me up from the store, where she had gotten delayed. So I found a place to sit in the shade, I simply watched everything going all around me. In fact, I even journalled for half an hour. I noticed that everyone and everything is so temporary and always on the move. Do we really take a minute to sit back and do nothing for a while? If you haven't, try it. It relieves you from all the exhausting and expected doing. Something that tells you to 'Just be here'. It gets us closer to our senses. Isn't that what our body is for? To make use of our senses. It's always good to go outside and minimize whatever we obsess on. Just experiencing life. Going out - soaking into the environment, enjoying my music, and making use of my body.
I feel like I have reached a part in my life where even the most mundane things are so pleasurable, I look forward to doing it and completing it well. Because pursuing it really grounds me into my being. Workouts, journalling, washing dishes especially, and most importantly to keep patience with others. I realized that one day, the very thing that annoys me about others, is the same thing that I am gonna miss when they are no longer around. I don't mean the extreme stuff. But the day-to-day banter that can sometimes end up taking a big hurtful space in our hearts. The sounds they make, the things they keep telling us, their habits that might not be to our liking - whatever it may be.
Why do we constantly have to keep labelling everything? I have decided to give my brain a break from this. This has been saving so much of my energy! Looking at what just is. Sometimes your environment and inner energy itself make the change for you. So, stick with it. Just do. Everyone is so excited to experience the roller coasters and the horror house. Have you actually sat down to listen to the stillness sometimes? It's just so comforting. Not having to be in a constant pursuit of something.
"Self-reflection is a humbling process. It's essential to find out why you think, say, and do certain things - then better yourself."
Reflection journalling shows me where I was, where I am, and the possible next steps in my path. It reminds me of my persistence despite the odds. It reminds me why I started and to be flexible in my approach. It shows me all the places where I can still improve upon myself, provides me possible creative directions, and most importantly that it matters to me that I am a good person in my own perception. It has been my truest teacher. It taught me to trust my inner wisdom, to work on qualities that I deem important and to be a person with their authentic integrity.
No comments:
Post a Comment