Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Getting to Know Thyself

I've been working with and through my inner self a lot, lately. And there's so much that I just WANT TO convey! However, I thought I'd simply address it one post at a time. I particularly think I enjoy doing this, because writing for me, is a form of self-expression. This release draws out so much clarity within.

I wanted to ponder a while over Emotions and Feelings. These words have been overtly associated with the intuitive mind of humans and are almost always used as a unit. 

Now over to you, dear reader. Before you continue, I'd like you to pause and wonder over this: What do you think of Emotions?, How about Feelings? Kindly let me also know in the comments, so we can engage over this :)

Emotions, I suggest, are a more intrinsic quality of the mind. These are in-built reflex responses that process and familiarize yourself with your environment (even better, once you start getting acquainted with them). These are primal responses that are particularly meant to protect you. Additionally, these are causative in nature. Emotions are a result of the pure subconscious being subjected to environmental conditioning and self-perceptions. A lot of times emotions can't be particularly comprehended by the reasonable mind. 

Feelings however are external reflections of emotions. A particular emotion can generate multiple feelings. For instance happiness, contentment and gratitude or tears, anger and frustration.

So well, peeking through this journey of mine, I realized the importance of working with emotions first, to overcome self. Recognize that emotions are simply 'parts' that are NOT YOU, but created by you as PROTECTIVE RESPONSES to external factors. 

Me confronting a protective emotion
Source: FLAWD, Emily-Anne Rigal

Working with emotions can be daunting at times. But getting to know them and breaking down the response patterns clarifies and helps transition perspectives. Scary, I know, YES. But LIBERATING, ALSO A MAGNIFICENT YES!! :D

No comments: