Saturday, September 4, 2021

All In

To give it all you've got. I mean, after all, you are the only one who gets to decide at the end of the day, if you've done whatever it is that you feel you have to do. Whether we consciously know it or not, and for whatever reason that it may be, we tend to set certain benchmarks for ourselves. 

Something that I have learned for myself is that there will always be a choice to make. At crossroads, one tends to feel that maybe one option weighs more than the other. But we'll never know what lies beyond each decision anyway. I've decided for me that, when I make a decision, to go all-in with it. All the way through. 

'There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky, and you ask, "What if I fall?", Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?'

This means that one has to completely cast aside everything that one knows and is familiar with. It means to dive into unfamiliar territory with firmness and ferocity, not knowing what may happen. And incessantly choosing that, what your heart calls out for. There is no turning back either way. This easily provides for the strength, courage and the resolve needed to give it all you got. 

When I do this, I get so much clarity from all the actions that I have taken with it. I get guided towards new perspectives, new trains of thought, new realizations. I get to create a whole new universe for myself, just with a simple choice.


I like to think that I was Marcus Aurelius in my past life. This idea in itself brings me so much glee! Tee Hee! :D


Now, that being said, one doesn't have to "stick" to the choice itself. You can always pick values from potential choices and make them intrinsically you. You get to selectively recreate yourself each moment. I mean, you get to have your cake and eat it too! :D

No comments: