Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Everything is a Mirror

Really? Everything?!

But then it's so true isn't it??

Your life is a mirror that you created. Your dressing sense, your taste in music, movies, performing arts, the food that you love so much, the choices you make, even the jokes that you choose to laugh on,your thoughts. Everything is a reflection of who you are as a person. It defines your personality.

One of my friends once taught me, that whenever something bad is happening, take a break, take a deep breath and ask myself, what is it that I'm doing to attract this kind of a situation? And what is it that I can do to change it?

Ofcourse, i don't remember to do it everytime, but I try and do it as often as possible because then, it takes away my chance to point a finger and blame the world for my choices.

What sure did change my life was learning that I do have a control over how people treat me and what I will continue to go through. After all, what you think is what you will be.

And most importantly, even if I'm not the one making the mistakes, I can can still figure out what I can do differently to stop the mistakes from heading my way.

Granted, that manier times you will go through things in life you can't control. But let me just say this - Two people can be put in the exact same scenario and have two totally different reactions and experiences.

Take responsibility and make good choices today because everything in your life, everything that you do, reflects who you are!

When something goes wrong in your life, just yell "PLOT TWIST!" and move on!! :D


PS - There's someone I'd love to really dedicate this post, and that's Pooja!! Pooja you know, that if it wasn't for you that day, I'd be a wreck! Had you not given me the strength and confidence to overcome it, I probably wouldn't even had that teeniest tiniest faith left.. Thank you for being "somebody to lean" And I love you to death for that. I'll never ever forget. That day changed me.

PPS - A special shoutout to my fellow classmate, blogger and a mentor/guide/critic Swaraj for giving me the push I needed to start writing after a long break!! Thank you so much Bheem!! :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha...thanks a lot Sanjana...with our sessional burdens we will need occasional push from each other!!